Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Here We Go, Come With Me

And we are off! By the time I put this post up, it means that I have packed my laptop up and am ready to go!

Before I get started, I just want to give a HUGE shout out to all my family and friends, especially my parents. These past few weeks have just been an outpour of love and support from all of you, and I am truly appreciative for that and eternally grateful. I have the most amazing people in my life. I really want to focus in on my parents supporting me on this journey, even though it is not what they ideally imagine me doing, I really want to thank you guys for always giving me the chance to carve my own path. I know I will struggle, I know there will be failures, but with your guy's love in my life, I will always have that extra motivation to get back on my feet and to try again.

I really wanted to use this year to force myself to reflect and prepare my transition into what my next step in life would be. I have never studied abroad over college and I really want to prove to myself that I am capable of living on my own, so consider this a double whammy. I also thought gaining some international work experience (especially in education) wouldn't hurt either.

I chose South Korea because I would have the comfort of having several friends already in the country teaching English there as well as the comforts of technology and living in a growing democratic society. I also know that with the language barrier I would struggle and have myself adapt to the ways of life. I want to experience culture shock, I want to be challenged, I want to be pushed so I can see how far I can take my own limitations.

I will hopefully come back with an understanding of what having a global perspective is and to apply it to what my next step would be.

With that said, I must go now. The next week or so I will be training so hopefully I have a chance to update sometime during that.

Much Love,

TK

No comments:

Post a Comment